YOGA SCHEDULE & LOCATIONWhen:
Saturdays 8:30-9:30 AM
Eagle Hill School
Baglio Sports & Fitness Center
242 Old Petersham Road
Hardwick, MA 01037
HMFT Yoga Classes are designed to be a perfect fit for all levels. Classes are designed to be intimate, individualized and enjoyable. Our primary style is Hatha, although we utilize many “asanas” as well as a brief meditation at the end of each class. Occasionally, we utilize Aromatherapy and Reiki in the practice if desired. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Everyone is welcome. Ask us about FREE TRIALS.
Yoga is an ancient form of movement that has incredible energetic, emotional and meditative effects. When practiced regularly, yoga increases our sense of physical health, emotional well being, mental clarity and spiritual connection (if you choose to utilize it that way). In addition, it lengthens, strengths and mobilizes tissue in our body to improve fascia health, increase range of motion, improve mobility and increase flexibility.
1. STRESS RELIEF — Yoga reduces the physical effects of stress on the body. By encouraging relaxation, yoga helps to lower the levels of Cortisol, the stress hormone. Related benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, improving digestion and boosting the immune system, as well as easing symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, asthma and insomnia.
2. PAIN RELIEF — Yoga can ease pain. Studies have demonstrated that practicing yoga asanas (postures), meditation or a combination of the two, reduced pain for people with conditions such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, auto-immune diseases and hypertension as well as arthritis, back and neck pain, and other chronic conditions. Some practitioners report that even emotional pain can be eased through the practice of yoga.
3. BETTER BREATHING — Yoga teaches people to take slower, deeper breaths. This helps to improve lung function, trigger the body’s relaxation response and increase the amount of oxygen available to the body.
4. FLEXIBILITY — Yoga helps to improve flexibility and mobility, increasing range of movement and reducing aches and pains. Many people can’t touch their toes during their first yoga class. Gradually they begin to use the correct muscles. Over time, the ligaments, tendons and muscles lengthen, increasing elasticity, making more poses possible. Yoga also helps to improve body alignment resulting in better posture and helping to relieve back, neck, joint and muscle problems.
5. INCREASED STRENGTH — Yoga asanas use every muscle in the body, helping to increase strength literally from head to toe. And, while these postures strengthen the body, they also provide an additional benefit of helping to relieve muscular tension.
6. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT — Yoga (even less vigorous styles) can aid weight control efforts by reducing the Cortisol levels as well as by burning excess calories and reducing stress. Yoga also encourages healthy eating habits and provides a heightened sense of well-being and self-esteem.
7. IMPROVED CIRCULATION — Yoga helps to improve circulation and, as a result of various poses, more efficiently moves oxygenated blood to the body’s cells.
8. CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONING — Even gentle yoga practice can provide cardiovascular benefits by lowering resting heart rate, increasing endurance and improving oxygen uptake during exercise.
9. FOCUS ON THE PRESENT — Yoga helps us to focus on the present, to become more aware and to help create mind body health. It opens the way to improved concentration, coordination, reaction time and memory.
10. INNER PEACE — The meditative aspects of yoga help many to reach a deeper, more spiritual and more satisfying place in their lives. Many who begin to practice for other reasons have reported this to be a key reason that yoga has become an essential part of their daily lives. Here are some great reads from valid sources about why yoga can be such a powerful part of our regular routine, how it can help us reach our goals, and all the while be enjoyable!
Join us or call to find out more today at (413) 335-8110.
HMFT is a Comprehensive Wellness Program dedicated to meeting all the needs of an individual—regardless of what that need is. Our passion is to help you attain your goals. HMFT has the tools you need to drastically improve you—and your quality of life, whether it’s for the athletic field or just for your general health and wellbeing.
At HMFT, we pride ourselves on quality. That’s why we offer only the best!
Each and every day we dare to be great. You can too! Our professionals live a life of fitness, health and wellness. And each has a passion for helping others reach their goals.
Dare to be great with us! Call now at (413) 335-8110.
Have FREE Fitness and Wellness Tips delivered directly to your Email Inbox. Subscribe now.
Please enter your email address, then hit the subscribe button. Dare To Be Great!